Advantages of incorporating a company in Malta
Benefits of registering a limited company in Malta
- Full EU membership since 2004
- Malta Limiteds enjoy full acceptance in regards to EU- or OECD standards if compliant
- Various types of companies for all purposes
- In most cases, only one founder – a natural or legal person – is required
- Share capital from 1.200 € only, with requirement to pay in 20% thereof, depending on the type of company
- Low Corporate Tax Rate of 5 % effective
- => Ideal for holding structures in combination with other EU-jurisdictions
- => Ideal for holding structures in combination with offshore jurisdictions
- Interesting combinations with companies from Switzerland, Slovakia, and Hong Kong
- No taxes on dividends for non-residents
- No Gift and Inheritance Tax
- VAT Rate 18 %
- No restrictions on domicile and establishment of companies for EU citizens
- Residence permits available for non-EU-citizens
- Access to a highly educated workforce
- Affordable expenses for formation expenses and yearly administration costs
- Liability Limitation to the subscribed share capital
- Low effective tax rate of the Company at 5 %
- A large number of DTA (double taxation agreements)
- The director does not have to be a resident of Malta
- No problems with issuing residence permits for EU citizens
- No tax on Patents
- Strong growth and stable Law system – Common Law
- Dysfunctional banking sector ==>
- Banking applications will take time, with the vast majority of applications denied.
Why should I register and manage a limited company in Malta through FIRSTADVISOR?
Working with us means we will handle the entire application process, including any necessary compliance, until the company is registered and receives its tax number. Furthermore, we support clients regarding banking applications. We know how to approach banks and can handle hurdles, thus having a high success rate. This is important as a company without a bank account doesn’t bring any benefits.
You did already register a company but couldn’t obtain a bank account? Speak to us.
Our experienced and highly qualified international tax and legal advisors will review your company structure and existing management or mandate contracts. We also offer a review of your contractual arrangements at home and abroad. In addition, our tax and accounting department will be pleased to take care of your bookkeeping and tax returns.
Remember – we offer company formations in Ireland at a fixed price of 2.480,00 € net. Enjoy our fast, reliable, and competent approach in your native language (German, English, French, Czech, Slovak, Greek, or Russian).
Ideal Tax Framework for Holding Companies
Before Malta joined the European Union, the former “offshore” regulations were abolished. Thus, the Maltese legislation fulfills all relevant EU standards, EU regulations, OECD- standards, the FATF, and the FSF.
Maltese companies are recognized throughout the European Union as EU companies with an extensive Tax Treaty Network. This circumstance is used mainly by holding companies. Malta nowadays has one of the most favorable Tax Regimes and competes within the EU with Cyprus, Ireland, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg at a split of the cost or with the UK as a NON-EU Jurisdiction.
Why not speak to us about the advantages of a holding structure?
What you need to consider
A long-term stay in a country for more than 183 days will usually (and automatically lead) to an unlimited tax liability for your world income. Some countries go even further and already assign this tax liability if you can permanently use your apartment (this can even be the room in your parent’s house or a regularly visited hotel), which you can access with your keys – known as “Schlüsselgewalt” in German-speaking countries. This rule establishes or maintains an unlimited Tax liability for your world income. If this subject interests you, you may find out more on our dedicated website for Taxation.
The often cited and generally used “183-Days-Rule” is not entirely correct. It can only be used to a limited extent as few countries (Germany) deem a personal tax liability if one spends more than 183 days within the country in two consecutive years, spanning two tax periods.
One can therefore only advise that people interested in relocating their place of residence not to rely on founding agencies – the pitfalls are too great, and sound advice is required. A few advisors (specialized lawyers, accountants) have studied tax law for years, and others do a weekend seminar or attend Google University – where do you feel better off?
It’s amazing what’s on offer on the internet. Believe us – there is no point in having no tax residency/residence anywhere. If in doubt, you never gave up your original tax liability (in your country of birth) or are automatically subject to tax through your passport.
If you have plans for company formation in Malta, speaking about your relocation in detail makes sense.
TOP Jurisdiction for EU-Residence
Malta, however, offers ideal conditions for a tax residence. To obtain a tax residence, one must stay more than 183 days in Malta. With close links to other European countries, good flight connections, and travel times of roughly two hours into the center of Europe, this is an ideal place to conduct business of any kind.
Of course, you are not allowed to stay in any other country for more than 183 days which would trigger an unlimited tax liability there. This concept is, therefore, ideal for everyone who can live and work flexibly (e.g., digital nomads).
You can rely on well-founded and legally sound advice if you come to us. Together we will find your ideal life concept.
To receive a detailed offer or placing an order, please fill out the form down below for Company Formations and we will get back to you shortly !
Join our Corporate Finance Newsletter for monthly updates, best practices and product news.